4.11.2011

This Is How We Overcome

I got a song for y'all that I wrote the other day...I hope you like it! If you're musically-minded, I also have a version with the chords that I play while singing it available at the bottom of this post.

VERSE 1
I’m so distracted by the thoughts inside my head
I want to follow everything that you said
Lord, I need the words to ask you how to leave behind
The things within this world that lead my wandering mind

CHORUS
But I am here to turn my thoughts to you
I try and try, though I don’t know what to do
I have to give it up and let my strivings cease
Father, send your Spirit to give me peace

VERSE 2
Crashing all around me is a flood of rain
A storm that pours chaos down into my brain
Even in your presence I can still feel the tide
It seems like there is nowhere for my soul to hide

BRIDGE
I am just a broken vessel, shattered by reality
My heart cries out for a shepherd, someone who can rescue me
He who made the universe came down here just to set us free and
Show us that He loves the world and that He wants us all to see
How to set aside ourselves, so we can start our transformation
Filled with grace and peace from God, who gave His Son for our salvation
So we now are called His children, chosen ones of His Creation
Baptized by His Holy Spirit, every tribe and every nation
This is how we overcome, this is how we overcome

Click the picture to make it bigger...

*                                  *                                  *                                  *                                  *

Author's note: This is kind of unrefined at this point...I'm thinking about making the second line of the chorus slightly less fail and more awesome.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't wait until I can hear you sing and play it. I love the words - great message!